This is the case of garlic, a common ingredient in the kitchen around the world, commonly used in all recipes. It is known that garlic was already used by great ancient civilizations such as the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and even China for medicinal purposes and it is that garlic is one of the jewels of the kitchen.
Let's look at some of the reasons why we should include garlic in our daily diet:
1. High nutritional value. Garlic contains Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Selenium and Fibre, as well as calcium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin B1.
2. Prevents Alzehimer. Garlic contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging, which can reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
3. Regulates cholesterol levels. In case of high cholesterol, garlic can reduce cholesterol between 10% and 15%.
4. Reduces blood pressure. High blood pressure or hypertension can lead to heart attacks or strokes. It is scientifically proven that garlic can reduce blood pressure in people with hypertension.
5. It prevents and fights the common cold. Garlic has been shown to help reduce the number of colds. And not only that, it has also been seen to reduce the symptoms of colds, shortening the days on which we are affected by this disease.
6. Improves bone health in women. Garlic has been shown to have beneficial effects on women's bone health during menopause. It also has beneficial effects on osteoarthritis.
7. Improves athletic performance. In ancient civilizations garlic was used to reduce fatigue and improve the work capacity of workers and athletes. Today, garlic has been shown to contribute to sports performance.